Friday, April 5, 2013

Beranda » , » Connect an iOS Device to a Bluetooth Keyboard

Connect an iOS Device to a Bluetooth Keyboard



Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.

One of the biggest appeals for buying Apple products is their ease of use.  They are tremendously easy to set-up and use out of the box.  Case in point–my wife just got a new iMac for work.  I opened the box and there was a power cord, a Bluetooth keyboard and a wireless mouse.  Plug it in, turn it on, and it just works.  Corny, but absolutely true.  Apple get’s it.  For a new customer the ability to set up a new device, and use it with relative ease is invaluable.

So when I couldn’t get my 3rd generation iPad to recognize my Apple wireless keyboard that I have used for almost a year, I was perplexed to say the least.  I reviewed the steps multiple times thinking that I must have missed something.  It’s not too complicated.  On  my iPad I did the following
  1. Open Settings
  2. Select Bluetooth from the menu on the left sidebar
  3. Switch to on
  4. Hold down power button on Apple wireless keyboard to power on
  5. Wait for green light to come on, let go
  6. Select Apple Wireless Keyboard from devices
  7. Enter pairing code on keyboard
  8. Press enter
  9. Your connected and ready to use
So why would’t my keyboard and iPad play nice?  I explored the forums, I checked the message boards, and nothing was making sense.  Then I saw that some users suggest that I make sure I didn’t try to pair the devices while in close proximity to other devices that had Bluetooth active (e.g. my MBP, or another iPad).  So I went to another room of my house.  The iPad would see the keyboard, but it still wouldn’t pair.  Then it hit me–the keyboard can only pair with one device at a time!  Even though I wasn’t currently using it, I remembered that a couple days prior I had paired the keyboard with my Apple TV after the latest software update.

Armed with this epiphany, I went to test it out right away.  I turned on my Apple TV, went to settings, Bluetooth keyboard, and selected forget this device.  I repeated the steps above, and presto, it worked as advertised!  You live and you learn.